Expected Student Outcomes
Recognizing that God is the source of truth revealed in His Word and His creation (2 Tim. 3:16-17; Ps. 19), we have established the following Expected Student Outcomes for Delaware Christian School:
Spiritual: We expect Delaware Christian students to
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be connected in a local church (John 3:16; 1 Cor. 12:12-31).
2. Be growing in biblical knowledge, wisdom, and character (2 Pet. 1:5-8; 1 Thess. 4:3-5; Ps. 1).
3. Be equipped to share the Gospel and other biblical truth to edify other believers and introduce the lost to Christ (Matt. 28:19-20; Eph. 4:1-16).
Academic: We expect Delaware Christian students to
1. Demonstrate the ability to think critically and communicate effectively (2 Cor. 10:5; Phil. 1:9-11; Phil. 4:8).
2. Be academically prepared to pursue, based upon their giftedness, their individual college and/or career goals (Col. 2:8; 3:23; 1 Pet. 3:15).
3. Exhibit good study habits and a commitment to lifelong learning (Prov. 4:13; Prov. 1:5; Prov. 9:9).
Social: We expect Delaware Christian students to
1. Reflect the character of Christ in our interactions with others (Phil. 2:1-11; Rom. 12:14-21).
2. Take responsibility for inter-personal actions in accordance with Biblical principles (Rom. 12:9-21; 1 Cor. 13).
3. Demonstrate a lifestyle of service to others (Gal. 5:13-15; 1 Pet. 4:10).
Physical: We expect Delaware Christian students to
1. Recognize that each individual is created in the image of God and of great worth (Gen. 1:27; Ps. 139:13-14).
2. Maintain a lifestyle of purity (1 Cor. 6:18-20).
3. Honor God by treating their body according to biblical standards (1 Cor. 6: 19-20; 1 Thess. 4:3-5).